Heart on my Sleeve: Thailand. Bring on 2015


As many of you know I went on a ‘business’ trip to Phuket Thailand in December with a fantastic bunch of like-minded business owners. This was my first time travelling and it was a huge eye opener to the big wide world outside of my little ‘bubble’ that has consisted of babies/children, business and Autism for the last seven years.


I found it very challenging and I was completely out of my comfort zone. It was confronting. I learned more about myself than I cared to know. I had time to reflect. Time to be myself. Time to go to the beach whenever I felt like it (and the toilet for that matter without an audience or children walking in and out). Freedom. A whole week of talking with adults. No repeating instructions over and over and over again. No screaming…


I built new friendships. We cried together and laughed together. I made memories with people that ‘got it’ and new the joys and pains of owing a business. I got fresh insight into my business from an outsider’s point of view and hopefully did the same for others in our group. I had time to work and plan without the distractions of day to day life.


But I also had fun. There may or may not be footage floating around of me screaming on a huge elephant as it went down a mountain (ok small rocky hill but my butt cheeks were on the poor thing’s shoulder blades and there was very little to hold on to!!). There may also be footage of me screaming on a flying fox… and white water rafting (oh and on a moped but don’t tell mother as you are not supposed to do that in Thailand as you will die. P.S. I didn’t die). 


We went to see tigers too but left feeling rather rubbish about supporting what is basically cruelty to animals. The poor things were clearly drugged, on cement floors most of the time and were hit on the feet with rods when they didn’t perk up for tourist photos… far from ‘clean and natural’ as advertised. I did get a cute photo though…


So what now?


It is time to give back. Time to make my mark on the world. Time to move with purpose and direction. With clear measured goals without just ‘winging it’ and hoping for the best (although knowing me I will continue to do this in business as it is a part of who I am and you never know if you don’t try in the first place!). Time to face fears and challenges head on. Fail. Fail fast and fail forward.


Time to embrace who I am. Time to be a sponge, to learn. To live out loud. To educate. Inspire, Encourage. Uplift. To be a sounding board for my team and people around me on the bad days and to motivate them on the good days. To live. To love. To be me… warts and all. 

Time to find who I am outside of my day to day ‘bubble’… and I imagine this is a struggle for any mum, if you have even had the chance to stop long enough to think about it. (Just to be clear; I love my life, I love my children, I love being a mum and I love where I am at… but after having time away, I want more; for them, for me and for others around me).


So here’s to 2015. Here’s to my road to discovery. 


I can honestly say I have never been so excited to start the New Year! I have goals and a vision that I am finally ready to release in the next week or two. I feel ready to meet 2015 head on with a plan to make a difference.  


Just this week three new consultants have joined our rapidly growing team of fantastic women who genuinely support and care for each other. I look forward to building this culture of support. It is exciting to see them work together and encourage each other on their journeys as mums and as Little Wooden Toybox Party Plan consultants. I can’t wait to have more mums join us and become a part of something bigger – something I will announce soon when it is clearly transferred from my head onto paper/screen.


In the meantime, keep in touch, follow us and keep supporting us… and I will bring you more news soon!


Bring on 2015


ox

Beautiful beach across the road from the resort; mind you the sea fleas were not pleasant!



They made me lie down on an elephants head... she was so prickly! Such a gentle creature although it could have ditched me and squished me quite easily I suppose

Working hard by the pool...

The power lines have to be my favourite or perhaps most memorable part of Thailand... next to riding in the back of the crazy open tuk tuks (where if they brake hard enough you basically just fall out the back if your forget to hold on). Everywhere you looked there was such contrast.

A round about, ie: pole in the middle of a weird 3 way intersection. Enough said

The waterslides!!  I was left with a rather large war wound from this one... but I won (there were two to race on) :P

Or crazy bunch :)

This tiger was the happiest (probably the least drugged) of the ones we saw/'played' with. Each pawwas as big as my head. No wonder they drug them...